Thursday, June 4, 2015

Artist Talk + Demonstration

I am delighted to announce, I will be conducting an Artist Talk and Demonstration for the
Australian Textile Arts & Surface Design Association (ATASDA). 

Close Knit CommUNITY, 2013 (Detail). One thousand sewn & spun recycled tea bags and thread. 

My artist talk focuses on the process and praxis behind my ‘Expressions of Love‘ exhibitions and how I created this series of works from over 17,000 donated recycled tea bags.  As part of my Artist Talk, I will also explain how I transform ordinary used tea bags into yarn and deliver a tea bag spinning demonstration.
Tea bag process for spinning.

My Artist Talk + Demonstration will take place at Queensland Spinners, Weavers & Fibre Artists Fibrecraft House on Thursday 18th June, 6.30pm for a 7pm start.


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Not sure about that Jo, however, thanks for your continued support!

      Delete
  2. Sounds wonderful, Kim! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi K - always good to see the process behind the creations. Go well. B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks B, I think it's nice to share the process behind one's work. K

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment I really appreciate them!