Sunday, January 26, 2014

exhibition opens + opening night

Now that my works, Expressions of Love II are hung and the opening last Friday evening, it's time to reflect and savour the moment I think - after a full-on year of intense making, gathering and processing over 10,000 tea bags, three weeks will fly by like a blink of an eyelid!

Opening night was a blast - the gallery was so crowded people were literally spilling out the doorways - the result of three exhibition openings in the one evening. On show and in Gallery One The Friends of the Gallery, Taste of Art Exhibition, in Gallery Two is the gorgeous Emma Freeman with her retrospective On the Edge and myself, Expressions of Love II in Gallery Three. Having the three openings in the one evening is a great idea, and you also get to met new people too.

To share some photos with you...

With great honour opening my exhibition, guest speaker Janet De Boer O.A.M Editor, ‘Textile Fibre Forum’ Magazine + CEO, The Australian Forum for Textile Arts, Ltd, pictured with me below.


Janet with the microphone, delighting the crowd with her fun sense of humour, and Nina Shadforth Gallery Curator, to the right, looking on.

 
Just to show you how many folk were present, and each room in the gallery was just as crowded!
 
 
Myself and the adorable Emma Freeman.  Emma is such an inspiring woman, I hope to be as vibrant and full of life, as Emma is, when I reach her tender age of 91.

 
Joolie Gibbs, Gympie Regional Gallery Coordinator and Guest Judge, presenting the awards for the Friends of the Gallery, Taste of Art Exhibiton.

 
 ...and a few happy snaps of Expressions of Love II (images courtesy, Lindsay Ham).




 
When you visit the gallery, remember to smell the pink coloured squares in my Latched with Love piece, like the lady seen in the pic below - to experience the sweet aroma of the Twinnings: Raspberry, Strawberry and Loganberry flavoured tea bags!


More on my website > here, if your wanting to see more J

Sending gratitude to all who contributed and saved tea bags for me to create this new body of work, thank you

8 comments:

  1. An fantasticExhibition Kim - for you and all the artists - wow!! SOOOO much Love has gone into this work - so very well named and how's the shot of your lady smelling your tea bags - we all do this before we make a cuppa - good to see the custom carries on to this stage!! Just AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wyn, was great night had by all, and what an awesome crowd, easy 300 peeps - goes to show the community embraces the artworld and appreciates the galleries. Love and devotion (boardering on obsession) has definitely gone into the works, for sure. The pic of the lady smelling the tea bags is priceless!

      Delete
  2. I'm feeling the buzz, Kim. What an amazing exhibition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and I think I'm still buzzing from it, thanks Robyn :-)

      Delete
  3. It was an amazing crowd...all VERY much enthralled by the concept and execution of your work, Kim. You are a very talented artist indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If my audience is captivated and engaged by my work my job is done and I have achieved my mark, I can now move forward onto the next exciting adventure! Thanks for your continued support and compliments Jo, you're the best ♥

      Delete
  4. K - well done you - a lot of effort and taking yet another risk and step on the creative journey. B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. B..and was literally around the clock - a mammoth effort! Thanks for your (& F) support on the night. K

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment I really appreciate them!