Friday, December 30, 2011

Corrigated Iron

Yesterday we went to see the Henri Matisse Exhibition at GOMA (Gallery of Modern Art) - Queensland Art Gallery. ‘Matisse: Drawing Life’ is a major exhibition of works on paper by Henri Matisse and includes more than 300 drawings, prints and illustrated books. Of course no photographs were allowed in the exhibit so you will have to visit QAG's website.


Although in other parts of the gallery camera's were allowed and I managed to get a couple of pictures in, that were oh so very inspiring for me. Here's a few, as it goes they are all made from corrigated iron. I must apologise I only got one of the artists names and title - 'note to self' for next time, remember to write them down!!!



Twisted and crushed corrigated iron - a detail of the sculpture below,




This scuplture is easy 6 metres high.


The next three images are from the Across Country: Five Years of Indigenous Australian Art from the collection Exhibition and currently on show until 21st October, 2012.








Last image;

'Narbong 2009'

Lorraine Connelly-Northey

Waradgerie people

8 comments:

  1. A visit to Matisse is on my list. It's always worth a trip to GOMA. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. K-the sculptural stuff in corrugated iron is just brilliant. Thanks for sharing it. Go well in 2012. B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely images! Wishing you all the best in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jo, most definitely worth a trip and a must to visit the bookshop while your there too.

    B - Brilliant indeed, great impact from a simple material like corro...

    Hi Jane, wishing you a wonderful 2012 too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Corrugated iron love! Thanks Kim. All the best. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. lots to love about corro Robyn I agree, happy NY

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just what is it about corrugated iron? When I lived in the uk I hardly noticed it, now living in Australia I see it everywhere and I do like it, the rustier the better! It's deep rich colours and wonderful texture. Maybe Iiving Australia has opened my eyes to the beauty of everyday objects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess corrugated iron can be identified as representing many things, for one, colour and textures reflecting the great Ausi outback with it's rich rusty reds tones...your palette may very well be tuning into an Ausi one :-) and oh yes, rustier the better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment I really appreciate them!